Monday, January 11, 2010

Sizzling New Year and Goals

Here in South Oz it's been hot. Really, really hot. With kids home and trapped inside life has been a little crazy. Not to mention Joy baby turned 1 and learned to walk - uh, oh!

Our short holiday on a little island off the coast had lighthouse-keeper ideas springing to mind and lots of time on the beach to think about the WIP. Now I'm keen to get stuck in and get the re-write done and sent
.
Had some good contest news with an Emily final a few days ago so am thrilled and excited about that. Came 4th in each of the other contest so I'm hoping there's some improvement left in me. Will read through the feedback and try to apply it.

Cool change is due tonight...

Have been thinking about my goals for the year ahead. Most of them are writing related (other than enrol Princess 4 in school and get Master 2 out of nappies). I want to have my re-writes sent by the end of January. I'd like to polish HDP and SIG more and write two new stories. Sub something else before the end of June and enter 3 contests.

I can do all that!?!

I hope.

How's your year looking? Is it 42 deg celcius where you are?

=)

9 comments:

  1. You can do it Bec!

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    You have my sympathies on the weather. It's not much better at the top of Oz but is better than down there. Sometimes I wish we could borrow a little of everyone elses snow... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing sooooooo well in these contests, I'm losing track :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurry up cool change ;)

    Fantastic news with the Emily!! And I'm sure you will do well this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the Emily, Becca. I've read the competition in that contest is so steep so super congrats!

    I wish I could send you some of our snow and we could have some of your heat. I'm seriously sick of being cold and hiding under a blanket on an evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Urgh! I remember summers in SA from my younger years (yes, I'm a born & bred croweater). All that sunburn! No wonder I'm smothered in freckles.

    That's great news about your Emily final and 4th place, Bec. You must be veeeeeeery close to nailing a contract. I'll be expecting a big announcement soon.

    Good luck with your 2010 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are killing the contests! Go you!!

    Wish I could borrow some of your heat. Although it isn't too bad here.

    I have a feeling this is going to be your year.

    Sandii

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becca,
    I agree with Sandii - this year is going to be big for you!!Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete